Author Topic: Bachelorette party ideas  (Read 24554 times)

joynmatt

Bachelorette party ideas
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »
What are some good bachelorette party ideas that are "clean"? My MOH asked me what I wanted to do, and I really do not want to spend the night in a bar, or drinking... I hate drinking and I hate bars and I really want to do something fun and light-hearted. What did you do? Or do you have any cute ideas?

micheleann

Re: Bachelorette party ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
Good thread! :)

My bridesmaids rented a hotel room in our town at a place that had a water slide. We stayed there for a night, went swimming, they gave me lingerie (and made me try it all on lol), stayed up late watching movies and then went to breakfast the next morning! It was awesome to have one last girls night before the big day that didn't include dress fittings or wedding stress...

MrsCorey

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »
I found this website by googling "clean bachelorrete party ideas.

I do like to drink, but I hate bars.  My two best friends took me to happy hour on a cool patio and we went back to one of their apartments which was decorated and she had made a "penis cake" and we painted our nails and just hung out.

Offline Christina

• *Women*
    • Web Chart
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 02:07:42 PM »
I had a spa day with my mom and bridesmaids (there were three). We each got to choose a massage or a facial, then we had lunch on site (the spa was in a hotel/resort) then spent the afternoon in their pool.  We really had a great time.  We also considered going to a winery for a tasting, but one of the girls was not yet 21.

Missing our angel babies, 12.25.07 (12 wks) - twins, 8.23.10 (11 wks) - 10.22.10 (4 wks)

joynmatt

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:42 PM »
These are such great ideas, thank you!

gigglegirl

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »
We went to a family friendly comedy club and it was soooooo much fun.

Offline springjoy

• *Women*
  • God will make a way
    • springjoy
    • cbrankshire
    • My Chart
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »
I didn't have any parties or showers. I guess everyone was too busy or too far away! I'd kinda hoped to have one...just for memories' sake, but really, in the end, I guess it isn't too important in light of things! :D

Anyway, most of the girls I know had bridal showers that included nail painting, lingerie giving, lots of laughing and talking, munchies and a few games/movies and they were fun, but I think a pool or spa sounds nice too. Or for me, a picnic (daytime, obviously) in a beautiful garden and a fun photo shoot, a day on the beach (not really possible in Colorado, I know. ;) )or formal tea somewhere would have been right up my ally!

Hope you find something you can enjoy and remember forever!
-Chantel

Scott + Chantel -March 15, 2009

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice but falling in love with you I had no control over. --UNKNOWN

*Charting since 2006 * TTA 4 years* TTW since October 2012* ++ December 2012!* Due Aug 12, 2013*

My Blog: http://beautifulsong.com/

Trailblazers

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »
We ate lovely desserts, played games and the girls gave me gifts. Most everything was clean as my mil and mom were both there, but some of the girls gave me some risky items, they were fun though!

I remembered one of the games we played... the girls had a ton of questions about my DH, they asked him for the answers. Then they asked me the questions to see how well I knew him. Every time I got an answer wrong they made me chew up a huge piece of bubble gum (they alternated between sweet and sour gum) at the end I had almost two packs of gum in my mouth and it was blue and green for a while!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:54:11 PM by Trailblazers »

Offline MandaLou

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »
Amanda (36) & Tim (35)
Married 5/7/11
Shelby 7/28/12, Victoria 5/28/14

^i^ - Lil Bit, 9/2/11

Offline AgiliDogs

• *Women*
  • "The Fun One"
    • amanda.johnson.35912
    • My Chart
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
Since I was 21 when I got hitched, a lot of my friends were under 21 so we stayed in. Honestly I don't even know if they 'planned' that many games or what have you, but we had a ridiculously good time. :P

My best friend and her sister invaded my house and cooked *ahem* theme-shaped cookies before the party. And I think someone made me another *ahem* shaped cake as well. But other than that it was all clean. Ish. For a Bachelorette party. The only game I really remember is they gave me a bag of items and I had to put them all on (over my clothes) in order while blindfolded. OH and they made toilet paper lingerie (like the toilet paper wedding dress game?) and I got to judge which was best. That made for the funniest memories and pictures, lol. Then I opened (and had to try on ::) ) all of my gifts.

At a friend's party (where her younger sisters were there) we played a how well do you know the groom type game, only a little more risque than the typical bridal shower game. That was fun as well, without being raunchy.

Amanda (26) "Herbie McHerbington" (26)

crazybunny

Bachelorette party ideas
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
My girls & I stayed @ a resort in lake Geneva, Wisconsin & laid out by the pool, played in the water park & went horse back riding! It was a blast!

joynmatt

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »
Since I was 21 when I got hitched, a lot of my friends were under 21 so we stayed in. Honestly I don't even know if they 'planned' that many games or what have you, but we had a ridiculously good time. :P

My best friend and her sister invaded my house and cooked *ahem* theme-shaped cookies before the party. And I think someone made me another *ahem* shaped cake as well. But other than that it was all clean. Ish. For a Bachelorette party. The only game I really remember is they gave me a bag of items and I had to put them all on (over my clothes) in order while blindfolded. OH and they made toilet paper lingerie (like the toilet paper wedding dress game?) and I got to judge which was best. That made for the funniest memories and pictures, lol. Then I opened (and had to try on ::) ) all of my gifts.

At a friend's party (where her younger sisters were there) we played a how well do you know the groom type game, only a little more risque than the typical bridal shower game. That was fun as well, without being raunchy.

That is too funny. Gotta love the theme shaped desserts :) haha!

I love all of these ideas, they are so great!

Offline HubbysHelpmeet

• *Women*
  • "Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him..."
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »
We had manicure/pedicures, lunch at my favorite coffee shop, and watched a movie...very laid back and not bachelorette party like at all, but it was a lot of fun!

^i^4w3d  1/12/12

Offline AgiliDogs

• *Women*
  • "The Fun One"
    • amanda.johnson.35912
    • My Chart
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »

That is too funny. Gotta love the theme shaped desserts :) haha!

Actually it was one of the funniest (and most memorable) parts... because all of us (except for my married sister) were unmarried virgins :P There was way too much giggling and ridiculousness ;D haha!

I was going to mention too that we did Mary Kay pedicures, but by the time we got around to it, it was REALLY late so some of the girls had already gone home.

Offline ChristinaR

• *Women*
    • TCOYF
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 08:20:09 PM »
We had a pool/lingerie party at my house....and yes we had a fun shaped cake, but it was a corset!  I'll see if I can find a pic...it was adorable!
~Christina and Julio 06-19-2010

Offline Jennifer

• Community Liaison
    • JenniferWeinmanPhotography
    • jenweinmanphoto
    • My Chart
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 05:13:36 AM »
Amanda - your party sounds like fun!

For my bachelorette, we did it the week before the wedding so that it didn't exhaust everyone right before the big day.  Two of my closest friends took me for a spa day - I got a facial, and then we did some time in the hot tub there - they have all these hot tubs you can rent for an hour - it was awesome!  That night, we went to a Hawaiian tiki & karaoke bar, which was HILARIOUS.  Yes, we did drink some alcohol, but really it was just one drink for each of us, if that.  Some people opted out, since a great majority of my friends don't drink.  Doing karaoke was super fun and I'll never forget it.  And actually, I went to another bachelorette last summer that did karaoke at a total dive place, and we had such a hilarious time with all the "locals"  ;)

rockmel

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 08:03:16 AM »
My bridesmaids organised a surprise weekend away and whisked me away with about 10 of our closest friends and a few relatives. It was absolutely great - we stayed in a tree-house style guest house up in the middle of a forest and drank way too many cups of tea, ate far too many cupcakes and went out picking blackberries to have on top of out pancakes for breakfast the next morning.
The next day we headed out kitted up in dresses and outfits from our childhood dress-up baskets - think fairies, princesses and cowboys etc - and went out for a gourmet lunch at a local winery. Quite a few pregnant/breastfeeding ladies so although a few people drank, it was very civilised.
Was great to have a weekend away from the stress and have a good chance to chat and catch up with some really good old friends.

And the photo highlight had to be five ladies in fancy dress on the side of the road attempting to change a low-profile tire that blew out on the way to the winery. Priceless! :D

Offline MandaLou

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »
You all have great ideas and had great parties!

;D

*Deletes pitty-party*  :P

bellawilfer

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
My bridesmaids took me out to eat at great Mediterranean place. The two younger ones (both are single) had a list of things I needed to do by the night's end (kiss a guy, flirt with a guy, get serenaded to by a guy, get a photo taken with a group of guys, etc...), but in the end, I didn't do any of it. ;) I can be pretty firm when I want to be and the list really wasn't me. We had a great time, but I think the wait staff was terribly confused by how tame we were. ;) One of the bridesmaids is underage and the other two were driving that night, so I was the only one who had a glass of wine. And we spent the entire evening talking about how we were home-schooled and churches and work and issues we all have encountered as home-school alumni, so...yeah, I enjoyed the night, but it was not your typical batchelorette party!

Marie

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »
Some of my non-Christian friends from work offered to throw me a bridal shower, but I had a hunch it would turn into a bachelorette-type party with lots of gag gifts, joking remarks about sex, and awkward games--so I declined.

In the end, my "bachelorette" was a tea party the day before the wedding thrown my my mom and aunt, who served us a lovely spread and then left to let my friends and me chat. My close, Christian friends--the only ones who, as it turned out, actually bothered to come to the wedding--and I are all pretty tame, as are my mom and aunt, so the tea party wound up being a lot like a very quiet bridal shower without any gifts or games, just talking and catching up. Some people would have found it hideously boring  :D , but for me it was perfect.

I guess the moral of my story is: Know what you like, and don't let anyone persuade you to do stuff you don't care for!

Offline magnolia

• *Women*
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »
You all have great ideas and had great parties!

;D

*Deletes pitty-party*  :P

I definitely didn't have a bachelorette party! I actually didn't know it was that much of a common thing and don't really feel like I missed out on anything, though a lot of your ideas sound super fun. :)

bellawilfer

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
I honestly didn't know it either - I thought it was something way too wild for any Christian girl to do. :P Until my bridesmaids insisted otherwise and said they were going to throw one for me. I thought bachelor parties were for guys and showers were for girls...

Offline MandaLou

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:39 AM »
I know I've said it before elsewhere ... I'm not sad about the part - just sad I'm not getting the advice book my girlfriends have made for each other in the past.

joynmatt

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »
I don't want a bachelorette party any more. Ick. These are great ideas but my girls are getting on my nerves. hahaha. Can we all have a bachelorette party together? You all sound like so much fun.

Offline springjoy

• *Women*
  • God will make a way
    • springjoy
    • cbrankshire
    • My Chart
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 10:02:11 AM »
Fancy dress, eating cupcakes and drinking too much tea? Sounds like a deal. ;) I've got a few formals from weddings and love playing dress up.  ::)

Marie

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »
Fancy dress, eating cupcakes and drinking too much tea? Sounds like a deal. ;) I've got a few formals from weddings and love playing dress up.  ::)

Yesssssss! Wish we could do it!  :D